The CAHS was formed in 1963 and is the world’s premier organization dedicated to the celebration and preservation of Canada's flying heritage.
Who We Are
Our members are diverse and come from across Canada and around the world. Many have been actively involved in aviation themselves, are engaged in the writing and publishing of aviation history, or simply share a lasting enthusiasm for this richly varied subject.
- Collect and disseminate knowledge about Canada’s flying heritage
- Stimulate interest in and appreciation for this important field
- Support and encourage research projects
For over 45 years the CAHS has accomplished these objectives through
- A quarterly Journal
- Regional chapters from coast-to-coast
- Annual conventions
- Book launches and special events
- Research and writing awards
- Sponsoring museum displays
- Connecting researchers with aviation professionals
In 2001 the society’s contributions were recognized by Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame when it was named a Belt of Orion member.